USPAACC 2020 Scholarship Application
USPAACC, since its founding in 1984, has donated over two million dollars in scholarships benefits to exceptional high school students who are pursuing post-secondary education. The goal of the USPAACC Scholarship is to help students pursue their aspirations and be an inspiration for future generations of Asian Americans.
In addition to the scholarship, the winners will be invited to our annual 3- day CelebraAsian Conference. During the conference, they will have the opportunity to meet and learn from leaders of major corporations and past scholarship alumni.
Completed online application
Deadline March 27, 2020.
Prepare supporting documents
Your 2" x 2" Photo
An Essay of 350-400 words on “Why Should I Be Awarded this Scholarship?”
The essay must be typed, double-spaced, and signed by the applicant and his/her academic guidance counselor on the upper right hand corner. *Please see our FAQ section at the bottom of the webpage for more information on what to include in the essay!
High school Transcript
High school transcript capturing the past two years of coursework.
A copy of most recent (2018 or 2019) household tax return signed by taxpayer(s).
Must include the applicant’s name, a statement of the actual household income, and the taxpayer’s signature. Please black out all social security numbers as a security precaution.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation from those listed as references in the application: (1) one from high school, and (1) one from a community service organization,
Information on proposed post-secondary course of study (major) and associated costs (tuition/room/board for one university the applicant is applying for).
- At least 16 years of age at the time of application
- A high school senior
- Of Asian Pacific Island heritage (except for Bruce Lee Scholarship)
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Beginning full-time study at an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the United States in Fall 2019
- Able to attend 2020 CelebrAsian Procurement Conference, June 2-4, 2020 in Rockville, MD.
- Academic achievement of 3.3 GPA or higher
- Leadership in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in community service
- Financial need
Scholarship recipients are asked to
- Attend the CelebrAsian Procurement Conference in Rockville, MD from June 2-4, 2020. *If unable to attend, must forfeit scholarship award
- Prepare a 2-minute acceptance speech to be delivered at the Awards presentation during the CelebrAsian Procurement and Business Conference
- Spend time with USPAACC staff during the conference so both parties could get to know each other
- Write an essay about their experience at the CelebrAsian 2020 Conference and how this scholarship impacts your education within 30 days after the event and send it to USPAACC.
- Write a Thank You Letter to the sponsor of their scholarship and send it to USPAACC.
- Keep USPAACC informed of their college life and studies during their first four years in college by writing at least once a year.